Album Review: Beach House - Once Twice Melody

Once Twice Melody is the eighth studio full length album by dream pop group Beach House, it was released on February 18, 2022. "Once Twice Melody" remains the most ambitious project of the duo so far, but it comes at the right time, showing all the experience and mastery of Beach House.it's a little overwhelming, but these two have brought their all in this nearly an hour and a half of dreamy psychedelia. It's so entrancing and hypnotizing, with gorgeous production and performances all around, and such melancholic and beautiful songwriting. Feels like the sun peaking through an overcast sky, shining right on you.  the duo's ability to execute their sound to the absolute maximum without sacrificing variation. In my opinion, Once Twice Melody's ambition paid off.It feels like I've known this album for as long as my brain is able to remember. What even was I doing when they first announced this album would be coming out? I try so hard to catch wind of it again, but it's all such a blur. What a fascinating work. 'One Twice Melody' was an album I was curious to listen to, but also afraid that it would get repetitive. Given that it is almost one and a half hour long, I was a bit apprehensive, once their kind of music tends to bore me when there's little variation to the genre. I rate this album 10/10. 

Beach House: Once Twice Melody Album Review | Pitchfork

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Album Review: Luz Futuro - Falsos Techos

Album Review: Tears For Fears - The Tripping Point

Album Review: Twin Tribes - Ceremony