Album Review: Kadhja Bonet -The Visitor

The Visitor is the debut studio album by American soul singer Kadhja Bonet, It was released on October 21, 2016. This album is the most incredible music piece, and her music is the most relaxing and beautiful thing that's made in this modern era, each song is like a ghost from the past that brings back emotions and yet feels new again. Timeless psychedelic soul, classical, folk-pop, it combines a diversity of musical influences, 70s arrangements, and haunting angelic serene vocals, she reminds me of Minnie Riperton, a similar voice range and neo-retro sensibility. Full of soulful lyrics, her sound is amazing, The lyrics of every song tell a story, and the stories span a variety of genuine heartfelt themes, and I was blown away when i discovered this record, the song Fairweather Friend would pop up from time to time on my music playlist, but then I heard Honeycomb and I became obsessed with tracking down the album. I'm so glad I did; just wish it hadn't taken me so long. I highly recommend this record, if you like serene peaceful r&b music and something like this appears to heal the soul. I rate this album 10/10. 

Kadhja Bonet: The Visitor Album Review | Pitchfork

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Album Review: Luz Futuro - Falsos Techos

Album Review: Tears For Fears - The Tripping Point

Album Review: Twin Tribes - Ceremony